This laboratory focuses on both basic and applied research, using biomass (including biowaste) to produce biowaste, and the research of the subsequent processes, such as biogas purification. We do modelling and evaluation of the processes of anaerobic transformation of biomass into biogas and digestate, which may both be used in energy production. We provide basic analytical service for biogas stations and we also evaluate biogas technologies. We test methane production from non-traditional substrate. We also investigate the biomass aerobic degradation process, i.e. composting. New bioreactors, especially lower capacity ones, are being developed.
- Optimization of wet and dry anaerobic digestion.
- Assessment of anaerobic digestion of demanding materials and waste streams.
- Design and development of novel bioreactors – focus on mobile and easily transferable units.
- Respirometric system WTW OXITOP AN6.
- Series of 1lt bottle reactors (BMP tests)
- Lab-scale rotary reactor (15 lt)
- Four (4) vertical reactors coupled with incubator (20 lt)
- Three (3) CSTR reactors (60 lt)
- Two (2) rotary reactors with volume 160 lt
- Two-stage vertical AD reactor (200 lt)
- Pilot-scale horizontal CSTR AD unit (400 lt)
- Adjustable inclination (0-90°) pilot-scale reactor (900 lt)
- Pilot-scale rotary reactor with 10 m3 volume
- Infrared and electrochemical biogas analysers (CH4, CO2, O2, H2, H2S).
- Elemental analyser (C, H, N, O, S).
- Measuring equipment: COD, pH, conductivity, moisture, ORP, O2.
- Processing equipment: incubators, dryers, autoclaves, gas-holders, crushers, mills, homogenizers.
- Physicochemical characterization of solids (biomass, biowaste, digestate).
- Chemical characterization of gases (biogas, natural gas).
- Feedstock preparation and pre-treatment (crushing, hydrolysis, acidification).
- Downscale of industrial plants anaerobic (co)digestion process.
- Testing of industrial process parameters (loading, retention time, mixing).
- Assessment of additives (trace elements, buffering, enzymes, microorganisms).
Ing. Jiří Rusín, Ph.D.
tel.: 00420 597 32 7328